Mini Classes at Highland
Mini classes are now being offered on Wednesdays and Saturdays. We are offering two different types of mini classes. Both will be 45 minutes long and include 25 minutes of instruction and 20 minutes of supervised practice time. These 45 minute classes have a maximum of 3 students per instructor and a maximum of 9 students on the ice at one time OR a maximum of 5 students per instructor and a maximum of 15 students on the ice at one time.
All students must be members of Learn to Skate USA prior to enrolling in classes. Please visit www.learntoskateusa.com and click ”Sign up” to become a member. Cost is $17.25 annually, valid from July 1 to June 30.
Things you need to know:
- 1. Classes will be 25 minutes long with a 20 minute practice session.
- 2. Advance registration is required. There are no same day sign ups.
- 3. You must have your own skates. Skate rentals are not available. If you don't have your own skates, we would love to fit you for your own pair. Call us to schedule your fitting.
- 4. Each skater who registers for class will have to fill out and read the attached guidelines and return these waivers (click here for waivers) prior to coming to class.
- 5. There are many restrictions involved in skating right now, here are some additional ones that directly pertain to Mini Class:
- a) You must enter the facility fully ready to step onto the ice including wearing skates. This is especially important as we move to larger class sizes.
- b) Class skaters are required to wear masks not only in the building but also while on the ice during class.
- c) Skaters are only allowed in the facility 10 minutes prior to their start time and 10 minutes after their class time ends.
- d) Only skaters are allowed in the facility. Parents are expected to be outside the front doors at the end of the session to collect their skater (age 15 or younger).
- e) Clean gloves of any type are required for all class skaters while on the ice.
- f) If you have long hair, please have it pulled back in a braid, bun, or ponytail.
- 6. At this time we are offering classes for any skater who can physically skate on their own and maintain social distancing.